Allergy Awareness Week 2016 is here!
We work closely with Allergy UK to raise awareness of their allergy-friendly products and they have compiled a list of key points to remember about skin allergies;
- Allergy friendly products can be high-quality, great products!
- Skin allergy can occur any time at any age. Often caused by products you’ve used for years without problems and once you have it; it’s for life.
- Don’t necessarily trust labels just because they say ‘organic’ or ‘natural’. Natural ingredients can be highly allergenic!
- Fragrances and preservatives are the ingredients that most often cause skin allergy.
- Allergy UK has a helpline for questions on skin allergy and how to avoid it: 01322 619 898
Feel free to share these tips with your friends and families, as someone you know may be struggling with allergies or sensitivities and the support offered from Allergy UK is exceptional. I have referred friends and pharmacy patients to their helpline and they have received extremely helpful advice on diagnosing and managing their nut, dental anaesthetic, nickel, sulphite and latex allergies. The website is very informative with entries on these and other specific allergies and details of their helpline.
We are proud that the sister range to Eye Care Cosmetics, NATorigin is approved by Allergy UK to be beneficial to allergy sufferers and we will continue to work together to educate women on dealing with their skin allergies.